Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My - How Time Flies

Wow - seems like I just finished my 2nd chapter a couple of days ago - but that must not be true because I haven't posted in FOREVER. Guess I should catch the world up on my life.

THE BOOK: Haven't made a lick of progress since chapter 2. Class ended and life got busy. I'm planning to take a "plot blueprinting" class in the Spring semester and that should get me motivated again. I swear it'll be more than just 2 chapters since a few of you got interested in it.

THE WORK: It's time to start the whole annual review process and I have several employees. That'll keep me busy. Add the fact that I am personally leading 2 projects that are about to deploy and I have several other projects that my team is working on that are having some hiccups. Work's definitely keeping me busy. Still working on boundaries though - so I manage to have a life(ish).

THE FAMILY:
Mom's recovering well from her hip surgery. I swear that woman is invincible. I really enjoyed getting to spend time with her while she recovered. I find it somewhat pathetic that I still can't beat in her in Scrabble when she's on morphine -either she's awesome or I suck.

Just bought tickets today to go see my sister, niece, and boyfriend in Steamboat Springs, CO in January. You HAVE to love airline miles - the ticket is going to cost me $5 - freaking awesome. I'm super looking forward to that.

THE FUN:
Went to see Regina Spektor last Thursday with Amanda. She was fantastic - seriously. I'm officially a fan now. If you haven't heard much of her - check her out. She was on SNL about a month ago and she honestly sings like a seal on one of her songs - totally odd - but in a good way.

Steve and I have a date to go see Guy Clark at The Granada on Greenville tomorrow night. He always puts on a great show and we're half convinced he'll die at any given moment and we'll have missed his last show - so we're sort of obsessive about going to see him.

Steve's folks are coming in this weekend and we're having a 'non-family' reunion with some friends/family (I know - that's cheating). Potluck dinner and beers - that's a good time. If you didn't get an invite but you're interested - just shoot me a note or show up at the house with a covered dish Saturday at 2pm :)

Mom and Pop are coming in town next week so that we can go see Lyle Lovett at Bass on Tuesday. It's Lyle and his large band. If you EVER have the opportunity to go see that - you owe it to yourself. You might not even think you're a Lyle fan - but try it out and you'll be converted.

Then - Thanksgiving! Get to see my family and my Denise all in the same week. Good times!

Wow - when you write it all out - I know why I feel so dang busy! I found a blog the other day that's all about a chick and her Modge Podge projects. I almost fell out of my car thinking about how crazy it would be to have that kind energy! What a concept!?!

I'll try to keep up better; my friend Denise makes me feel super guilty.

Have a great Thanksgiving!!!