Monday, July 27, 2009

Seeing the Springs

Consider this a "catch up" post since it's from an event that happened on July 10th. I have GOT to keep up with this whole blog thing...

Thanks to our friend Dina, we got a small group together Friday the 10th and went and saw Eleven Hundred Springs at the Granada (in case the picture isn't ridiculously self-explanatory - ha!).

Great show and good friends. You can't go wrong with that. It had been ages since we last saw the guys and I have to admit two things.
1) They get better each time. Not sure how they manage to do that, but it's still true. I think the song list is way more crowd friendly in format and they just looked snazzy (suits and hats and all that jazz).
2) Either I'm getting older or their crowd is getting younger. Not sure if it was because it was a Friday night - and that makes it harder for working stiffs to still have energy - or what. I do know that although we weren't the oldest folks there (thankfully), there was a higher % of the college-age crowd than I'm used to. I suppose that's a good thing because those are also the folks more likely to buy merchandise. Eventually you look goofy with a raise hell/drink beer t-shirt. They just don't work for casual Friday at the office :)

Anyways.. it was a great show and a good time. Wish more of you could have been there. Kept thinking it would've been cool to have had my chickies to dance with. Next time - I'll spread the word and spread the love!